Over 100 years of history and tradition. Come be a part of our future!
Camp Dixie is a traditional summer camp for boys and girls nestled among the pines in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Northeast Georgia.
We’re surrounded by preserved forest with Black Rock State Park to the east and U.S. Forest Service land to the North. This small, private residential camp on about 350 acres two hours northeast of Atlanta was founded in 1914 by A.A. Jameson.
Jameson, a co-founder of the Boy Scouts of America, instilled in Dixie staff the importance of tradition and care for his campers, and his legacy continues today.
Check out our sessions and fees.
Camp Dixie news and announcements.
What makes Camp Dixie special?
- Family atmosphere: We limit our enrollment to just 70 campers to ensure a family-like atmosphere. Year after year, campers and staff return to see many of the same people they’ve gotten to know over the years.
- We’re not about ‘stuff’: We are a tech-free zone, and there are no blobs, zip-lines, speed boats or go-karts. We minimize the distractions of the outside world and maximize the attractions of the natural world to make each child’s time special, focusing on relationships and growth, with the help of our incredible staff.
- Higher standards for campers: We expect more from our campers. Each camper signs a Code of Conduct and are held accountable for their actions. They are also expected to take part in keeping their cabins tidy and keeping camp beautiful, teaching them to invest and be proud in their summer home.
- More than just fun: While we love to have fun, our programming focuses on character development. Our goal is to help everyone become the best version of themselves. The entire atmosphere of the camp encourages campers to do their best and to be ever aware of doing their best for others. Campers and counselors come from many different beliefs, religions, and backgrounds, allowing them a great opportunity to learn from each other.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where is Camp Dixie located?
- How much does it cost?
- When are your sessions?
- How do I sign up?
- What activities are available?
- What clothing will my child need?
- What is a typical day like?
- Why is Camp Dixie special?
- What do other parents say about your summer camp?
- When did Camp Dixie start?
- How can I contact you?
- What is your staff like?
- Can I see some pictures?
- Even more pictures?
- Would you like to hear from Alumni?